How do you clean curtains at home?
Curtain Cleaning is Essential To Keep Your House Clean
Apart from furniture, what else can beautify and complete a house? Curtains of course! Though some people use blinds for their windows, looking at it can be so boring. Whether the blinds are made from plastic or metal, even if they come in different colours, they still have the same dull look.
With curtains, they come in a wide variety of textures, designs, and colours. It is impossible not to find exactly what you want. However, big houses with super high ceilings and big windows should not buy ready-made curtains because of the size difference. It is custom design to fit the length of the window.
Since curtains are left hanging on windows and some patio doors, it accumulates so much dust. Odours from cooking and other stuff can also be retained on the fabric. Like carpets, curtains can also be a cause of allergies. That is why it is best to clean your curtains once or twice a year to ensure health of your family.
Curtains can be relatively difficult to clean at home because of their size and the fabric. Some curtains have dangling designs that would get caught and tear inside the washing machine. Others have metal rings and buttons, these types of curtains when washed using a machine, the rings and buttons might get detached from the fabric causing damage to the fabric. Washing it improperly will not just damage the fabric but it might also harm the machine.
If you are going to clean your curtains at home here is a suggested method:-
- Take down the curtains.
- Lay them out flat and remove any detachable items such as curtain hooks, rings, etc.
- Using the upholstery attachment on your vacuum cleaner, vacuum the curtains to remove any embedded dust.
- Check the manufacturers label for cleaning instructions.
- If dry-clean only, take to dry cleaners to be cleaned.
- If machine wash, wash as per the instructions in your washing machine. If the curtains are large, do them one at a time.
- If hand-wash only, hand wash as per the instructions.
- Air-dry your curtains to avoid shrinkage.
- Once dry, iron or steam out any creases, again check the label.
- Re-attach hooks and hoops, etc.
- Re-hang the curtains.
Professional curtain cleaning makes sure that your curtains retain the natural colour of the fabric, will not damage the design, won't tear the material, and will definitely get them clean. They are professional cleaners and use the right detergent and proper cleaning methods depending on fabric and design.
Yes, you can wash your curtains, but are you sure you got all the dirt out? I bet not. Leave the cleaning to the professionals, you can be certain that it's all clean and damage free.
Oh, did I mention we take down your curtains, re-hang and steam the creases out too! Call Andy on 0800 092 9294 today.